GHC 7.8.3 release

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Sat May 31 20:13:15 UTC 2014

For me upgrading to 7.8 was very easy. The release slippage actually helped
out with that. 7.8 had already been specified well enough and already had
some active users for a long time. This made for a long window for package
maintainers to update their packages to have 7.8 compatibility. Perhaps
October is a good timeline to try to cut an initial alpha release that
specifies the interface for package authors to compile against, but the
actual release can wait until later.