RFC: changes to -i flag for finding source files

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:45:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 02:00:38AM -0700, John Meacham wrote:
> JHC has the feature that
>
> Graphics.UI.GTK.Button can live in any of:
>
> Graphics/UI/GTK/Button.hs
> Graphics/UI/GTK.Button.hs
> Graphics/UI.GTK.Button.hs
> Graphics.UI.GTK.Button.hs
>
> It lets you have deep module hiarchies without deep directory
> hierarchies and is not terribly surprising as behaviors go.

Well, it might not be terribly surprising in itself, but we
just have quite complex systems and the not terribly surprising
things just accumulate and then it might get surprising somewhere.

I really prefer simplicity and explicitly.

If a central tool like GHC adds this behaviour, then all other
tools are forced to follow.

Greetings,
Daniel