RFC: Unicode primes and super/subscript characters in GHC

Tsuyoshi Ito tsuyoshi.ito.2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 23:13:27 UTC 2014

Hello,

Mikhail Vorozhtsov <mikhail.vorozhtsov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also worry (although not based on anything particular you said)
>> whether this will not change meaning of any existing programs. Does it
>> only allow new programs?
>
> As far as I can see, no change in meaning. Some hacky operators and some
> hacky identifiers would become illegal. And some nicer ones would become
> legal.

I do not have an opinion for or against the proposal, but I just
wanted to point out that the proposal changes the meaning of some
programs, at least in theory.  The following function currently
evaluates to True, but with the proposed change, I think that it will
evaluate to False.

test =
  let a = ()
      b = ()