Looking for list comprehensions use cases

Christian Höner zu Siederdissen choener at tbi.univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 23 12:28:27 UTC 2014

Hi Janek,

yes to both -- in a way. See Section 5.3 here for lists:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2543736

For my usual work, I use stream fusion and manually 'flatten' everything
in all of ADPfusion and rather large bunch of other work building on top
of that. ;-)

Giegerich's original ADP is full or list comprehensions -- every single
function uses them, and does not require a lot of additional machinery
to run.
http://bibiserv.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/adp/

Note that if you want to introduce deep optimizations, it'll be a larger
project. See also Coutts' phd thesis ([2] in our paper), and the
original stream fusion paper [3].

Gruss,
Christian

===

[2] D. Coutts. Stream Fusion: Practical Shortcut Fusion for Coinductive
Sequence Types. PhD thesis, University of Oxford, 2010.
[3] D. Coutts, R. Leshchinskiy, and D. Stewart. Stream fusion: From
lists
to streams to nothing at all. In Proceedings of the 12th ACM SIGPLAN
International Conference on Functional Programming, pages 315–
326, Freiburg, Germany, 2007. ACM.

* Jan Stolarek <jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl> [23.07.2014 13:57]: