how to get ghci to load compiled modules in 7.8?

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:13:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Reid Barton <rwbarton at gmail.com> wrote:
> See https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8736. The current workaround for
> GHC 7.8 is to compile with -dynamic, not -dynamic-too.

That was it!  Thanks so much.

As an aside, I was kind of expecting a faster link time due to
-dynamic, but apparently not.  Oh well, I'm happy enough ghci is back.

One thing, how about an addition to the release notes in the
-dynamic-too section saying "By the way, this doesn't actually work,
see https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8736."

I'll go update my stackoverflow question.  I'm a little surprised, no
one else seems to use ghci, or I'd think there would be lots of
shouting about this.  Or maybe no one has upgraded to 7.8 yet.