ghc, tls, gmp

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sat Jul 5 21:04:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

in Debian, we have the (well-known) problem of linking against libraries
using libgmp, in this case haskell-curl, which links against libcurl,
which links against gnutls, which uses libgmp since the latest release:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2014/07/msg00000.html

Are there any viable solutions to this problem that I might not be aware
of? Are there any solutions to be expected in the near future?

(My best idea so far is to use libcurl linked against openssl, but this
causes licensing issues.)

Greetings,
Joachim

--