RFC: include a cabal-install executable in future GHC releases

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 00:14:57 UTC 2014

that still requires some discovery though! The idea (i'd hope) would be to
make the "my first ghc install on a vm" (for experts and new folks both)

go from

#install ghc via whatever mechanism, eg wget, guntar, cd blah ; make
install PREFIX=yah
#figure out how to install cabal, eg discover wget and then ./bootstrap
# cabal install thingsIwannaTry

# install ghc via some wget and make
#cabal install nice things