Enabling TypeHoles by default

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Wed Jan 15 02:24:29 UTC 2014

Oops. Resending to list:
-----------------------------------

Right, same goes for every type error in that case though. (We also
ban -fdefer-type-errors in the hackage server, FYI, so it's not like
it can affect released code very much anyway.)

In light of this discussion I've made this change in 235fd88a9:

https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commit/235fd88a9a35a6ca1aed70ff71291d7b433e45e4

I'll submit a change to Cabal to remove its awareness of TypeHoles as
an extension.

P.S. As I wrote this, I realize I should probably change it to
-fwarn-typed-holes, as everyone seemed to have wanted...