[Typeable2] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.8.1 Release Candidate 1

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Thu Feb 20 15:51:20 UTC 2014

Yes, changing Typeable2 to Typeable in:

{-# LANGUAGE StandaloneDeriving, DeriveDataTypeable #-}
deriving instance Typeable Gr

goes through with ghc-7.8-rc1.

However, this change refuses to compile with ghc-7.6.3:

     Expecting two more arguments to `Gr'
     In the stand-alone deriving instance for `Typeable Gr'

This is unfortunate, because I need to add conditional compilation to
make my code compilable for the two most recent major versions of GHC.

Can you not simply let ghc-7.8 interpret TypeableN as Typeable?

Cheers Christian