RHEL/EPEL 5 ghc packages

Jens Petersen petersen at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 10 01:49:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

I wanted to mention some newer ghc builds I have made for RHEL5.

EPEL5 currently has ghc-6.12.3 in stable, but I have built
ghc-7.0.4 which has been in EPEL5 testing now for over a month.
The update also includes cabal-install.  I am planning to push it to
stable this month but I wanted to mention it first here as a heads-up.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2013-12484/ghc-7.0.4-45.3.el5,cabal-install-0.10.2-6.1.el5

Please report any problems with this in bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20EPEL&component=ghc

Jens

ps Additionally I have a new ghc-7.4.2 repo for EPEL5
(which should also work on RHEL6) and includes haskell-platform:

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/petersen/ghc-7.4.2/

which is a backport from Fedora 19.
Please report any problems with this directly to me.

pps Later this year I plan to backport ghc-7.4.2 officially to EPEL6.