[Solaris bindist] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.8.1 Release Candidate 1

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 16:06:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Christian Maeder
<Christian.Maeder at dfki.de>wrote:

> Am 05.02.2014 16:45, schrieb Roman Cheplyaka:
>
>> * Christian Maeder <Christian.Maeder at dfki.de> [2014-02-05 16:28:50+0100]
>>
>>> This happens, because our /bin/sh is a "real" sh (and not a bash)
>>> that only allows to "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH" as a separate command.
>>>

>> You mean it's a "real" sh and not a POSIX-compatible one.
>> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/export.html
>>

> Whatever it is, maybe it is a Korn Shell under (older) Solaris, it does
> not support:

The Korn shell is where the `export NAME=value` syntax originated.

I am tempted to suggest that we verify that this is still in current POSIX
standards (the cited one is from 2004); POSIX recently dropped a
significant number of Korn-shell-derived behaviors from the standard.