RFC: changes to -i flag for finding source files

Mathieu Boespflug m at tweag.io
Fri Apr 25 15:01:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Daniel Trstenjak
<daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 07:16:03AM -0700, Eric Seidel wrote:
>> An alternative (and I think this has also been proposed before) is to simply
>> drop the Graphics.UI header from the module hierarchy. The main con here is
>> that there's an increased risk of module name-clashes, but GHC already solves
>> this with the PackageImports extension.
>
> I think several of the issues might be resolved by just using the package name
> as the first module name.

Such a policy violates the separation of provenance from function
principle, which I think is a good one. That is, I ought to be able to
swap in a different implementation of a map for the standard one in
the containers package without having to touch my code (especially if
the exported API's happen to match).

--
Mathieu Boespflug
Founder at http://tweag.io.