RFC: changes to -i flag for finding source files

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:08:31 UTC 2014

Hi Simon,

I don't quite know what I should think about this addition. Currently
you can be sure that modules correspond to directories. After this
change you can't be sure anymore.

I don't navigate source trees that much by 'cd'-ing into single
directories, so deep hierarchies don't bother me that much.

There're certainly good intentions in the naming schemes of
Haskell modules, but sometimes they just feel a bit forced.

So for the module name 'Graphics.UI.Gtk' I might just have
chosen the name 'Gtk'.

If the library itself wants to separate code into several modules,
then the module names can get quite bulky.

So using module names to origanize the code and to classifiy
its meaning might be a bit too much.

Well, just some thoughts.

Greetings,
Daniel