Autocomplete command line options with GHC 7.8

Philip Dexter philip.dexter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:54:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014, Jan Stolarek wrote:

> In the meantime I added this information to GHC wiki, although it would be nice to be able to
> use --show-options under zsh as well. From my understanding scripts that you linked to need to be
> manually updated, whereas --show-options displays all flags defined in the code of GHC.

Yes, that is true. There are tradeoffs. Zsh does provide a brief
description of each auto-completed flag which you cannot achieve with
--show-options. Perhaps it could be some sort of fallback where if an
option and its description isn't provided, the plain result from
--show-options could be used. Hmmm