-optl behavior in ghc-7.8.1

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Thu Apr 10 16:49:27 UTC 2014

On 04/10/14 06:39 PM, Yuras Shumovich wrote:
> ...and other linker options must come after, like in my case. So what?
> Are there any ticket where people complain about the old behavior? I'm
> not advocating any specific behavior, I'm just asking why it was
> changed.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm the patch provider, but at least I provided
patch which was merged into HEAD (don't have 7.8 branch here so check
yourself) which fixes linking of binaries failure on Solaris. Please see
b9b94ec82d9125da47c619c69e626120b3e60457

The core of the change is:

-            else package_hs_libs ++ extra_libs ++ other_flags
+            else other_flags ++ package_hs_libs ++ extra_libs

the patch contains full explanation in comment so see it for more
information.

If this is not what bugs you, then please ignore me.

Thanks,
Karel