7.8 Release Update

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 9 23:21:51 CEST 2013

Hello Mikhail,

It is a known issue that Template Haskell does not work with profiling (because
GHCi and profiling do not work together, and TH uses GHCi's linker). [1] Actually,
with the new linker patches that are landing soon we are not too far off from
having this work.

Edward

[1] http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4837

Excerpts from Mikhail Glushenkov's message of Mon Sep 09 14:15:54 -0700 2013: