7.8 Release Update
trevor at galois.com
Mon Sep 9 06:08:12 CEST 2013
Iavor and I have got the data kinds syntax changes up to date with
master, on the data-kind-syntax branch. The -XDataKinds section of the
manual has been updated to describe the new syntax. During a validate
run, there were some problems building haddock, so I'm going to look
into that tonight.
There are tests for the data kind syntax in the test suite, currently
on the data-kind-syntax branch.
Other than the haddock fix, I think that we're ready to go.
On Sun 08 Sep 2013 04:27:33 PM PDT, Austin Seipp wrote:
> After talking with SPJ, we've decided that the cutoff date for the 7.8
> feature window will essentially start on Monday, the 16th. This is the
> beginning of the week before ICFP. This is a week from tomorrow.
> Afterwords, I suspect we will cut the 7.8 branch in early October (my
> notes tentatively say Oct. 9th.) This will give us a few weeks of
> straight bugfixing.
> Don't let this scare you too much. We're doing this at the beginning
> of the week so we have time to sort things out. Bug fixes will of
> course continuously be welcome until the 7.8 branch.
> However, for pending features, I'd like a status update. Everyone
> mentioned below, please reply to clarify anything:
> * Iavor Diatchki and SPJ are working together on the type-nats-simple
> branch. I believe this will hopefully land in time. Iavor, SPJ - can
> you comment here?
> * Trevor and Iavor are also working on kinds without data. Any word here?
> * Geoffrey is currently moving, but he says the SIMD work and new
> template-haskell work will land by the end of this week, which is
> * Patrick Palka has a few loose ends to tie off for the parallel
> compilation driver. I talked to him today, and after Andreas committed
> his bugfix to base, I believe everything is now working, with the
> deadlocks sorted out. Patrick, can you confirm? We can get this merged
> ASAP if so.
> * Pedro and Richard - what's the story on propositional equality,
> etc? This is mentioned on the status page but I'm not sure what
> else needs to be done. I know Pedro committed the work to make manual
> Typeable instances an error, which is great.
> * Luite and Edsko will be talking about some final changes to the
> hooks patch, and afterwords it can hopefully be integrated. I'll keep
> up with them this week.
> * I am currently working on integrating the Applicative-Monad
> warning, but this requires some upstream patches for the build to
> work. However, we still need to sync several upstream libraries, and
> this will be happening over the next few weeks. Therefore, I may
> commit it, and incrementally fix validation errors as time goes on and
> me and Herbert sync upstreams.
> IMO, most of these look to be in good shape, I think.
> If you *do not think you'll make it by the 16th*, please let me know.
> We can possibly still land it the week of the 16th, provided I know
> ASAP. But we really really need to know, because many people will be
> gone the following week.
> In the following few days, I'm hoping going to finish off everything I
> can in the patch queue, and fix my remaining bugs, and investigate
> Dynamic GHCi in particular.
> Again, if you don't think you can make it on the 16th, but still
> within the week, we can of discuss it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2311 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the Glasgow-haskell-users