GHC API: modInfoIsExportedName, String -> Name?

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 17:19:21 UTC 2013

Hi Dan,

> Correct me if I am wrong, but you are not supposed to construct 'Name's
yourself. The point is that they are unique and hiding the constructors is
a step towards preserving the invariants.

Ok, I almost expected something like this.

> Here's how I would do something like 'map nameOccName . modInfoExports'
and then search for an OccName (which you can construct using mkOccName).

I already tried it this way, but if you're doing this for a lot of modules,
than quite a lot of time is just spend creating the list for the returned
symbols, which is in my case than immediately discarded
after the search.

Greetings,
Daniel