Linux deployment requirements for GHC-produced binaries

Brandon Allbery allbery.b
Thu Oct 3 19:57:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs at mega-nerd.com>wrote:

> Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Yitzchak Gale <gale at sefer.org> wrote:
> > > ldd just says "not a dynamic executable".
> >
> > o.O I don't think the ghc runtime uses dlopen() to get at gmp (and I'm
> not
> > sure that would even work in a static binary). You may need to resort to
>
> I suspect the OP's exectuable is aleady being compiled static.

Yes; which leaves the question of why it requires libgmp.so, and if it's
static the only things I can think of are (a) it's using dlopen(), or (b)
it's running something else that is not static and requires libgmp.so.