Linux deployment requirements for GHC-produced binaries

Yitzchak Gale gale
Thu Oct 3 11:22:54 UTC 2013

We received a complaint from one of our customers that
the Linux executable for one of our products - compiled
using GHC - does not run because of libgmp not being
installed on their server. This binary was compiled using
GHC 7.4.2 (HP 2012.4.0.0). We hope to be migrating soon
to GHC 7.6.3 (HP 2013.2.0.0.).

Do GHC-compiled binaries have a dynamic dependence on libgmp?
If so, what are the exact requirements we need to communicate
to our customers? Does this limit what versions of Linux
we can claim that our product supports?

Are there similar requirements and limitations regarding
GNU Readline?

Thanks,
Yitz