match_co: needs more cases

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:17:03 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM, crockeea <ecrockett0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got this error with a small example, so I thought I'd post it for you. I
> could only get it to work when split over two files.

Mine is similar, sorry I've been lazy about getting a small
reproduction, I assumed it wasn't too important.

I have a generic library that uses Data.Vector.Generic, along with a
bunch of SPECIALIZE and INLINEABLE for a particular monomorphic
Unboxed use.  I don't know about the INLINEABLE, but the SPECIALIZE
does wonders for performance, otherwise it doesn't notice that the
operation can be unboxed.

So it's a bit worrisome to me if the SPECIALIZEs aren't firing.  I did
profiling before and they made my vector operations fall off of the
expensive list, but that was before upgrading ghc and getting the new
error msgs.

Would it be useful for me to boil down my example too, or is this one
enough to work on?  Mine is simpler in that it specializes to a
monomorphic Storable.Vector Double.