base package -- goals

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Mar 7 21:22:02 CET 2013

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2013, 10:08 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton-Jones:
> I think it would be vv helpful to have all these goals articulated on
> the wiki page.
>
>          http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/SplitBase

well, all the goals are there (or are they not sufficiently well
explained)?

I also tried to compare the two approaches – the re-exporting
API-specifying packages and the actual split of base – by listing their
advantages (I skipped the disadvantages, these would just be the
negation of the other advantages list...) at
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/SplitBase#Approaches

I don’t feel in the position to actually make a call here, or even to
cast a vote with confidence, but I’m happy to continue summarizing the
discussion until a consensus is found. If there is more discussion, that
is.

Greetings,
Joachim

--