Installing GHC and

harry voldermort at
Tue Jul 23 13:47:40 CEST 2013

I've had a lot of trouble installing the pre-build binary of GHC on various
Linux systems for which packages don't exist - all of this stems from GHC
looking for, instead of Various combinations of
--with-gmp-libraries haven't helped, particularly as I need a packaged build
for copying onto shared machines where I don't have enough disk space to
install from the binary package locally, and don't have root access to
create a shortcut in /usr/lib64.

Is it possible for someone to recompile the pre-build binaries, linked
against a specific version of libgmp, instead of a default which happens to
be on their machine? Or is there some other solution to my predicament?

Sent from the Haskell - Glasgow-haskell-users mailing list archive at