Proposal to extend FieldPat in Template Haskell

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at
Tue Jan 29 22:25:11 CET 2013

(sorry for the repost, I forgot to add a subject.)

I was just doing some work with Template Haskell and I noticed that the AST
does not have support for record puns and wild-cards.  I know that these
could be desugared into ordinary record patterns but I think that it would
be more convenient for users (and also more consistent with the rest of the
AST) if we provided direct support for them.

So I propose to change:

type FieldPat = (Name, Pat)

data FieldPat = RecordFileldP Name Pat  -- x = P
              | RecordPunP Name         -- x
              | RecordWildP             -- ..

Would there be any objections to doing so?  If not, I'd be happy to have a
go at making the change.