data kinds

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 03:54:26 CET 2013

Hello,

I think that it'd be really useful to be able to just declare a `kind`
without having to promote a datatype.

When we discussed this last time (summarized by the link Pedro sent, I
think) it came up that it might be nice to also
have kind synonyms, which would be analogous to type synonyms, but one
level up.   The "natural" syntax for that would be to have a "type kind"
declaration, but this seems a bit confusing...

John, did you implement kind synonyms in jhc, and if so what syntax did you
use?

-Iavor