Error building ghc on raspberry pi.

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:20:38 CET 2013

On 25/01/13 11:23, Neil Davies wrote:
> Simon
>
> Looking at the wiki - I take it that the stage 1 compiler can now be used as "native" compiler on the RPi? (last line of entry)?

Do you mean the stage 2 compiler?  If so yes - in principle.  But in
practice the binary-dist machinery doesn't work properly for
cross-compilers yet, so it's hard to install it on the RPi.  If you have
a shared network filesystem then perhaps 'make install' works, or if you
copy the build tree to your RPi at the same location as your build
machine, then maybe it will work.