any successfull ghc registerised builds on arm?

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Thu Jan 24 19:01:41 CET 2013

On 01/24/13 06:51 PM, Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
> Somebody claiming to be Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
>> Somebody claiming to be Nathan Hüsken wrote:
>>> But the symbol not found is __aeabi_memcpy, not memcpy itself ...
>>> I can not find __aeabi_memcpy in the ghc source ...
>>> Maybe it is not linking some required library?
>>
>> I'm not sure. Most curious is that this has not come up before in any
>> of my other ARM-build attempts (which produced less-than-working code,
>> but suceeded in compiling).
>
> This seems to be a general ARM thing:
> <http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.faqs/ka3934.html>
> ... so not sure why I'm getting it and no one else is.

Copy your last ghc-stage1 invocation step, add "-v -keep-tmp-files" and
see what it'll execute for you. At least you should see libraries which
are going into the link process.

Then write C hello world, compile and link it and see what's going
inside linking and compare with ghc. I guess some lib will be missing in
case of ghc linking phase so you'll need to add it either into
mk/build.mk appropriate option (E.g. -optl-l<your lib>) or just hack
DynFlags.hs to include this for you.

Karel