Error building ghc on raspberry pi.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Sun Jan 20 20:01:50 CET 2013

On 01/20/13 07:50 PM, roconnor at theorem.ca wrote:
>>> Karel, maybe you should try deploying a binary-dist on your panda board?
>>
>> Sorry? What's "binary-dist"? And why I should do that? And what
>> exactly do you mean by "deploying"? And on what OS? Ubuntu or Raspbian
>> run in Ubuntu chroot?
>
> What I'm suggesting is that if you want to try to reproduce my corrupt
> setting file error and ammend your patch for including in GHC, you
> should after making ghc-7.6.1 (or whatever version you are building) do a
>
> make binary-dist # this will product a
> ghc-7.6.1-arm-unknown-linux.tar.bz2 file
>
> extract ghc-7.6.1-arm-unknown-linux.tar.bz2 in some temporary directory.
>
> in that extracted directory run
>
> ./configue --prefix=<some temporary directory>
> make install

Aha, I understand, but could you be so kind and first verify that the
settings file you do have inside your build tree is the same exactly
like the settings file distributed with your bin dist? If not, then make
binary-dist is somehow buggy. If yes, then the configure is buggy and
its surprising you've been able to build ghc at all...

Sorry, I cannot test it here as my 7.6.1 build on ARM is already gone
due to hard-drive space constraints here as it freed space for GHC
i386/x64 solaris cross-compilation tests...

Thanks,
Karel