any successfull ghc registerised builds on arm?

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Sun Jan 20 19:50:05 CET 2013

On 01/20/13 07:39 PM, Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
> Somebody claiming to be Karel Gardas wrote:
>> I just build 7.6.1 release on my ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS which is
>> hard-float ABI distro. I used distro provided LLVM 3.0 and configured
>> GHC with:
>>
>> Please keep in mind that GHC HEAD is completely different beast as
>> there is new codegen put on by defaul there and LLVM codegen is not
>> working correctly with it yet.
>
> Oh? If LLVM codegen is broken in HEAD, that would explain why it's not
> working for ARM :) Hopefully I can get it working soon with at least an
> unregistered build. I have to build HEAD, since I'm doing cross-compiling.

The receipt is simple, first try LLVM-based build on fast x86 machine
(i.e. cd mk; cp build.mk.sample build.mk; edit to uncomment BuildFlavour
= quick-llvm) and once it's working attempt LLVM-based (the only way)
build on ARM.

Also, forget unregisterised build, rather ask Austin how is it looking
with his work on fixing LLVM codegen in HEAD.

And a last note: please keep in mind that cross-compiling is supported
only using NCG. LLVM is completely out of question now, so you will have
some work here anyway. I don't think it'll be complicated, but certainly
some hacking with passing target triplet down to LLVM, but IIRC you've
already found that anyway...

Karel