GHC compilation error (re-post).

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:05:48 CET 2013

Caitlin <bioprogrammer at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
>
> I wrote the following test program:
>
> bar x = x * x
>
> on a Win32 (SP3) machine using the Haskell Platform and GHC-7.6.1
> (standalone) and I have noticed the same frustrating errors. Any
> suggestions would be most appreciated.

Are you certain you have write permission for C:\? I'm not terribly with
how Windows handles file permissions, but the error seems pretty
unambiguous as to its cause. It's a little strange to be placing files
like this in the root directory of a volume, anyways. Perhaps try
this in a directory which you certainly have adequate permissions in
(the Windows equivalent of $HOME perhaps. Wikipedia seems to think this
is %UserProfile%).

Cheers,

- Ben