Error building ghc on raspberry pi.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Wed Jan 16 20:27:53 CET 2013

On 01/16/13 08:12 PM, roconnor at theorem.ca wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Karel Gardas wrote:
>

>> Good! So the patch I already provided is working fine at least w.r.t.
>> change in configure. I've tested it here on my raspbian chroot on
>> pandaboard where I've hacked config.guess to print exactly what you
>> get on real rpi.
>>
>> Now, I'm curious if the hack in DriverPipeline.hs helps too.
>>
>> Were you able to merge the patch into your GHC? And rebuild? What was
>> the result?
>
> I'm still trying to figure out the correct usage of
> -optlc-float-abi=hard in mk/build.mk. I've ben getting a lot of errors
> about two occurances of the float-abi=hard flag.

You should not IMHO. My patch should solve all your issues. :-) The only
issue you may get is that your distro ghc will compile for soft-float
ABI and your compiled GHC will compile to hard-float and object files
will get mixed somewhere. But I trust your distro ghc builders that this
is not the case so both GHCs should compile using hard-float. So issue
solved, at least should be. Now I'm just waiting if you verify this or
not so I'm either able to submit the patch for inclusion or hack it more...

Karel