Error building ghc on raspberry pi.

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 19:58:13 CET 2013

Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz> writes:

> On 01/11/13 09:25 PM, roconnor at theorem.ca wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Karel Gardas wrote:
>>

>>> Hmm, are you using Raspbian? I.e. hard-float abi caught my eye in case
>>> of ARMv6/ARM11 chip here...
>>>
>>> I'm afraid LLVM is not well guided in your case so could you be so
>>> kind and test if adding -optlc=-mattr=+vfp2 helps? You need to add it
>>> to your build.mk probably and you will need to rebuild everything
>>> again...
>>
>> Add it to the GhcLibHcOpts?
>
> Probably too, I'm not the expert here, just make sure you use this
> option for any ghc invocation which invokes llc to get consistent vfp
> usage in your object files...

I've been struggling with this class of error recently as well.

After several failed builds I arrived at the following on my Pandaboard,

    SRC_HC_OPTS = -H64m -Rghc-timing -optc-mfloat-abi=hard -optc-mcpu=cortex-a9 -optlc-float-abi=hard -optlc-mcpu=cortex-a9

I've found it's best to set both gcc and llc arguments as they tend to
disagree when you least expect it. I'm not sure whether SRC_HC_OPTS is
too large a hammer, but it seems to work for me.

Cheers,

- Ben