base package

Joachim Breitner mail at
Thu Feb 21 11:37:41 CET 2013

Am Donnerstag, den 21.02.2013, 09:42 +0000 schrieb Simon Marlow:
> The trick is indeed neat, but only if it is possible to make IOFail
> completely invisible.  If it isn't possible to make it completely
> invisible, then I would prefer IOFail to be a first-class exception type
> without the special trick to coerce it to IOException, and accept the
> API breakage.  I don't think it's a good idea to have special magic in
> the exception hierarchy - other people would start doing it too, then
> we'd have a mess.

great – for the purposes of splitting base I don’t care which one is
taken, as long as I know that there is some way.

I have now changed my setup so that I can modify the files without
removing others or moving them to different branches or symlinking. This
way, a simple "git diff ghc-7.6 base-split" lists all changes.
I also created a script to check whether every module is in exactly one
of the new packages.

for a description of the setup and an explanation of the changes

Contributions welcome!

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |