base package (Was: GHC 7.8 release?)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Feb 15 13:22:20 CET 2013

Hi,

more progress: On top of base-pure, I created base-io involving GHC/IO
and everything required to build it (which pulled in ST, some of Foreign
and unfortunately some stuff related to Handles and Devices, because it
is mentioned in IOException). This is the list of modules:

        Foreign.C.Types,
        Foreign.ForeignPtr,
        Foreign.ForeignPtr.Imp,
        Foreign.ForeignPtr.Safe,
        Foreign.ForeignPtr.Unsafe,
        Foreign.Ptr,
        Foreign.Storable,
        GHC.ForeignPtr,
        GHC.IO.BufferedIO,
        GHC.IO.Buffer,
        GHC.IO.Device,
        GHC.IO.Encoding.Types,
        GHC.IO.Exception,
        GHC.IO.Handle.Types,
        GHC.IO,
        GHC.IORef,
        GHC.MVar,
        GHC.Ptr,
        GHC.Stable,
        GHC.ST,
        GHC.Storable,
        GHC.STRef

It is on a different branch on my github repo:
https://github.com/nomeata/packages-base/tree/base-io

GHC would complain that the CInt type is not valid in a ffi call
(probably due to the different package name), so I replaced foreign
declarations by regular ones defined using “undefined” – after all I’m
just trying to discover how things can be split at all and just work
towards building stuff.

ST can probably be pulled below this package, after all it is quite
pure. Either a package of its own, or in base-pure.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner