How to compile ghc 7.6.2 with llvm?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:09:55 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Magicloud Magiclouds <
magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com> wrote:

>   Then I `mv build.mk.sample build.mk`, set "BuildFlavour = perf-llvm",
> add "GhcWithLlvmCodeGen = YES". Finally `./configure
> --with-gcc=/usr/bin/llvm-gcc`. Configure output attached.
>
>   After make, I tried `inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 –info`, it is still using
> native code generator. What should I do?

1. I think --with-gcc= is independent of the llvm code generator.
2. Building the llvm codegen does not necessarily make it the *default*
codegen; I think native remains default.  I don't know if there's a way to
specify that llvm should be the default code generator.

fwiw, the ghc I have on here does not mention llvm in ghc --info, but ghc
-fllvm at least tries to work.