Excellent bikeshedding opportunity! Frontend syntax for pattern synonym types

Tsuyoshi Ito tsuyoshi.ito.2006 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 20:56:28 UTC 2013

Dear Gergo,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Now the ordering makes sense.  To be
honest, I still find it a little confusing even after knowing that the
order is logical, but maybe it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Also thank you for the clarification that higher-order pattern
functions are outside the scope of the current work.  Now I am curious
about if/how higher-order pattern functions are useful, how their
types can be described, and so on.  If they have any applications,
they may be a candidate for future work.

Best regards,
Tsuyoshi