Simplification of instances

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 28 18:33:25 CEST 2012

Ahem.  DFuns (what you get from is_dfun of a ClsInst) now have some "silent" arguments, that are added by GHC and are not part of the original instance declaration. See
Note [Silent superclass arguments] in TcInstDcls.

But you don't want to print them.  Just do what InstEnv.pprInstanceHdr does (in InstEnv) to drop the silent arguments.

I've added some more comments (commit to come).

Simon