ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.6.1

Jens Petersen juhp at
Sat Sep 8 08:58:25 CEST 2012

On 7 September 2012 01:05, Ian Lynagh <ian at> wrote:
> The GHC Team is pleased to announce a new major release of GHC, 7.6.1.

Thanks!  I have done a full test build for Fedora 18 Development on x86_64
which you can install from my new testing repo:

It seems to work fine on fedora 17 too for me.
Official Fedora builds probably won't appear in Rawhide
until a draft/testing Haskell Platform is ready, maybe next month?

(The bootstrap build used to build it, also includes 32bit and can be
downloaded from:

A bootstrap build [2] for Fedora ARM using llvm-3.1 is available and
can be downloaded from
(Note that ghc-7.4.1 at least does not build with ghc-patched llvm-3.1.)

(The Koji scratch builds should remain available for 2 weeks from building.)

It would be nice if the TODO placeholders for library version changes
could be filled in and a note added about the removal of

Thank you!