RFC: Adding support for an API-"since"-version-attribute to Haddock?

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:38:37 CEST 2012

> Would such an enhancement to Haddock be worthwhile or is it a bad idea?
> Has such a proposal come up in the past already? Are there alternative
> approaches to consider?

It would be even cooler to automatically figure them out from the
hackage history.

I recently stumbled across a document system that does something like this:

http://libgit2.github.com/libgit2/#HEAD

New functions are green, changed ones are orange, and the functions
themselves have a version history.  You can switch versions within the
function, or globally with the version box in the upper right.  It's
pretty neat.

I don't know how it works but I imagine it uses the git history.