trouble building ghc-7.4 on Fedora 18 (devel) ARM

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Fri May 4 11:23:03 CEST 2012

A late followup, just to let you know, everything is good now.

> Not sure if +d16 is actually essential on Fedora though guess it doesn't hurt.

It is... I hope llvm will make it the default for armv7 hardware fp.

So finally ghc-7.4.1 is built for Fedora ARM and working:
I also had to forward-port my pkgconfig libffi workaround for
non-native compiler archs to help the C compiler find libffi.h when
building prof libraries.

http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=66294

Thanks for everyone's help and particular big kudos and karma
to those who did the heavy-lifting on the ARM port for 7.4.
Maybe someone has some proper benchmarks
but roughly going by the ghc-7.4.1 build it seems over
twice as fast as 7.0.4. :-))

Jens