Records in Haskell

J. Garrett Morris jgmorris at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Mar 1 09:08:48 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM, AntC <anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz> wrote:
> SORF's whadyoumaycalls are at the Kind level. (I'm not opposed to them
> because they're new-fangled, I'm opposed because I can't control the
> namespace.)

Nah, they have kinds, and they don't take parameters, so they're
probably types.  Whether you prefer that "foo" in module A mean the same
thing as "foo" in module B is entirely up to you; while it might seem
intuitive to do so, it's also true that if I write

> data List t = Cons t (List t) | Nil

in two different modules, I declare two entirely distinct list types,
even if the "natural" semantics of the two types might be hard to
distinguish.

 /g

--
"Would you be so kind as to remove the apricots from the mashed potatoes?"