Fwd: ghc-7.6 branch

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Wed Jun 27 17:12:10 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 04:30:02PM -0700, Johan Tibell wrote:

> I just want to see things changed. :)

We're happy to try to improve things, but I'm not sure what change you
want exactly.

We could change the default for GHC stable branches to:

* Use the tag for the latest release, unless that isn't suitable, in
  which case use HEAD

but note that it isn't necessarily easy to tell in advance if the latest
release is suitable. For example, if library A decides to use a new
major version number, then library B may need to relax its dependency on
library A.

Of course, we will make any decisions in discussion with the
maintainers.

Thanks
Ian