parallel garbage collection performance

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 03:32:21 CEST 2012

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll try them and report back.  Although
I've since found that out of 3 not-identical systems, this problem
only occurs on one.  So I may try different kernel/system libs and see
where that gets me.

-qg is funny.  My interpretation from the results so far is that, when
the parallel collector doesn't get stalled, it results in a big win.
But when parGC does stall, it's slower than disabling parallel gc
entirely.

I had thought the last core parallel slowdown problem was fixed a
while ago, but apparently not?

Thanks,
John