Kindness of strangers (or strangeness of Kinds)

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 8 10:39:46 CEST 2012

There is a little, ill-documented, sub-kind hierarchy in GHC.  I'm trying hard to get rid of it as much as possible, and it is much less important than it used to be. It's always been there, and is nothing to do with polykinds.

I've extended the commentary a bit: see "Types" and "Kinds" here
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary/Compiler

The ArgKind thing has gone away following Max's recent unboxed-tuples patch, so we now only have OpenKind (described on the above pages).

Simon