Occasional segfault in GHCi w/ 7.4.1-rc1 and 64bit OS X

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 01:46:11 CEST 2012

I actually made builds of GHC 7.4.1 with Snow Leopard that fixed this
issue back when I had it:

http://code.haskell.org/~thoughtpolice/ghc-741-osx-sl/

I must have forgotten to email the list. I have since upgraded to Lion
however. The builds are 64bit only as well. But that should be an easy
means of getting bootstrapped.

Apologies for dropping off on this one.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Nathan Howell
<nathan.d.howell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Tony Hannan <tonyhannan2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm still seeing this problem in 7.4.2. Is there a workaround?
>> I'm also on Snow Leopard and using 64-bit version.
>
> If you grabbed the installer from
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_4_2 you'll need to build
> your own locally... the notes on the website say it's for 10.7/Lion
> and while it seems to work just fine on Lion it crashes frequently
> enough to be unusable on Snow Leopard. This gave me a bit of grief as
> well.
>
> -n

Regards,
Austin