[Haskell-cafe] Call to arms: lambda-case is stuck and needsyour help

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Fri Jul 13 15:57:38 CEST 2012

Quoth Cale Gibbard:
> Personally I don't see why everyone appears to prefer the syntax with
> \ in it over just the obvious case section syntax which was originally
> proposed.
>
> case of { ... }
> Does anyone else agree?

Yes.  I don't see this as an `anonymous function' in any special sense,
only inasmuch as the workaround in its absence involves one.  I.e., if
I for some reason had been compelled to write
   \ a -> hPutStrLn stdout a

... that wouldn't make "hPutStrLn stdout" an anonymous function in my book.
Neither is `case of ...' an anonymous function, or functions.

	Donn