Call to arms: lambda-case is stuck and needs your help

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:55:50 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Wolfgang Jeltsch
<g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> wrote:
> If we use \case for functions, we should use proc case for arrows;
> if we use \of for functions, we should use proc of for arrows.
>
> By the way, is proc a layout herald already?

No, proc is not a layout herald.  The normal pattern is to use a do in
the command part of the proc syntax, so it's do that introduces the
layout.  So "proc of" would fit in cleanly as a way to do proc with
multiple patterns.  Or "proc case", but again that's just a really
ugly language wart, IMO uglier than just writing out the longhand
version of "proc x -> case x of".

--
Chris Smith