Call to arms: lambda-case is stuck and needs your help

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Tue Jul 10 09:28:36 CEST 2012

> I think it's very helpful if lambdas start with a lambda, which to
> me suggests \case.

I'd be interested to hear that explained a little further.  To me it isn't
obvious that `case of' is `a lambda', but it's obvious enough what it is
and how it works (or would work) - it's `case' with type a -> b instead
of just b ... and really the backslash just seems to confuse the issue.
I don't remember it from discussions of this proposal in years past.

> ... But you presumably do not want \proc, because proc is the lambda.

I also wondered if `case of' could be equally well generalized to
allow for `proc of', but I would certainly have no idea.

	Donn