Call to arms: lambda-case is stuck and needs your help

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at
Sat Jul 7 17:54:56 CEST 2012

On July 7, 2012 00:08:26 Tyson Whitehead wrote:
> The very limited scope of this (i.e., it would only apply to lines that end
> with a grouping construct where the next line is indented further than that
> line) should also address Simon's concerns regarding things like
>    f x y = x + y
>      where  -- I just left this where here by accident
>    g x = ...
> and
>    instance Exception Foo where
>    instance Exception Bar

The only thing that would still break is a line that starts multiple
groupings, where the last is a valid empty groups (i.e., let or where) and the
next line is further indented then the previous line.

The least grotesque/contrived examples I could think of are

  do let

  let f x = ... where
      g y = ...

Cheers!  -Tyson