More infinite simplifier bugs?

Ron Alford ronwalf at volus.net
Fri Jul 6 06:04:14 CEST 2012

So a while back Simon added a tick counter to the simplifier:

Are there any known bugs that can cause the simplifier to run out of
memory /without/ hitting the tick counter limit?

I have code that /used/ to run (at least after hacking around the
previous simplifier bug):
https://github.com/ronwalf/Planning

With GHC 7.4.[12], it exhausts all the RAM on my machine (4GB).

Compiling with -O0 fixes the problem.  I can start bisecting my code
to find the problem if nothing comes to mind.

-Ron Alford
(who seems to be good at killing the simplifier)